Search for atmospheres
The Boathouse, Hogwarts Grounds Black Lake
The Boathouse, Hogwarts Ground
The Boathouse is where the boats reserved for the First Years (and the Seventh Year graduates) are housed while not in use. On warm days, the Staff permits students to take the little boats out onto the Black Lake, though most students dislike the fact that the boats will not tip or sink, despite best efforts, nor will they sail on down the long lake past the Invisible Boundary. However, the Boathouse is a very fond spot of older students, or students who like to escape the endless noise of the castle. The boats are used for napping and other activities by savvy older students, though it can be unbearably cold and frosty in winter months. The Boathouse is also at the base of the castle cliff, and deters many stair-haters, regardless of taking the indoor staircase that leads up to the Great Hall (where the First Years enter).
Comments for "The Boathouse, Hogwarts Ground"
License details for "The Boathouse, Hogwarts Ground"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Small Waves Hitting Boat by Benboncan of the Freesound Project +)
- steps on sand by By Azure from www.freesound.org +)
- Drops in a cave by dkustic +)
- Door Opening and Closing by effectnz from http://youtube.com +)
- Stomping upstairs by eguaus from http://freesound.org +)
- footsteps by http://freesound.org +)
- baltic sea waves by Leona Henry *)
- Frogs by oyez from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license