Search for atmospheres
Cozy Hufflepuff Common Room
The Badger's Home
A sloping, earthy passage inside the barrel travels upwards a little way until a cosy, round, low-ceilinged room is revealed, reminiscent of a badger's set. The room is decorated in the cheerful, bee-like colours of yellow and black, emphasised by the use of highly polished, honey-coloured wood for the tables and the round doors which lead to the boys' and girls' dormitories (furnished with comfortable wooden bedsteads, all covered in patchwork quilts).
A portrait over the wooden mantelpiece (carved all over with decorative dancing badgers) shows Helga Hufflepuff, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School, toasting her students with a tiny, two-handled golden cup. Small, round windows just level with the ground at the foot of the castle show a pleasant view of rippling grass and dandelions, and, occasionally, passing feet. These low windows notwithstanding, the room feels perennially sunny.
Comments for "The Badger's Home"
License details for "The Badger's Home"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Quill Scribble by 6polnic from http://freesound.org +)
- Clinking Teacups by ahill86 at http://freesound.org +)
- Hiking Footsteps by ciccarelli from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Rustling Paper by keweldog on freesound.org +)
- Summer field dusk by kvgarlic from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Chatting Crowd by Leandros.Ntounis from http://freesound.org +)
- Chimney fire by reinsamba +)
- grandfather clock ticking by Zermoth at https://www.freesound.org/people/Zermonth/sounds/116636/ +)