Search for atmospheres
A Rainy Day in Ravenclaw
Rain. So. Much. Rain.
You're walking along, heading back to Hogwarts. It's been a long day, and you've just visited Hagrid. He always makes you feel better.
The sky was looking gloomy, but not too gloomy. You were sure you'd be fine. As you walked, you observed nature. Suddenly a bird flew by, low to the ground. Didn't that mean–––
Rain. A fat drop plopped into your hair. At least you were close to shelter. Breaking into a trot, you loped easily across the grounds. Too late.
The clouds weeped that day. Giant, fat drops were absorbed into you. You were sprinting, desperate to get inside before the last dry spot on your body got wet.
You should've brought an umbrella.
It was too late. Every last part of you was soaked. But it was still better for you to get inside. Quickly. Into the castle. Up the stairs.
Finally. You were inside. You rushed into your dorm, changed, then flung yourself in front of the fire. Perfect. But something was missing.
"Come here, Comet," you whispered as you scooped up your cat. It was so fluffy and dry. With a small smile, you started to write.
Comments for "Rain. So. Much. Rain."
License details for "Rain. So. Much. Rain."
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Drizzle on Leaves with Breeze by -k-is_the_author +)
- Books by abolla from http://freesound.org *)
- deciduous trees,wind Jonsered by Agnese Priekule +)
- Paper shuffling by GJOS from http://freesound.org +)
- Chimney Fire 1nk by reinsamba from http://freesound.org +)
- Footsteps on tiled floor by soundmary from http://freesound.org +)
- Cat purr 3nk by tyrautwein from http://freesound.org +)
- wind blow in the trees by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license