Search for atmospheres
Evening in the Hufflepuff Common Room
Hufflepuff Evening Study
After a long day of classes, you make your way up the earthy passage to the cosy, round, low-ceilinged room. The room is decorated in the cheerful yellow and black, emphasised by the use of highly polished, honey-coloured wood for the tables and the round doors which lead to the boys’ and girls’ dormitories.
A colourful profusion of plants and flowers seem to relish the atmosphere of the Hufflepuff common room: various cactii stand on wooden circular shelves, many of them waving and dancing at passers-by, while copper-bottomed plant holders dangling amid the ceiling cause tendrils of ferns and ivies to brush your hair as you pass under them.
Small, round windows just level with the ground at the foot of the castle allow in a hint of moonlight and show a pleasant view of grass and dandelions, rippling in the evening wind. As you rest by the fire you can hear the music of cicadas and crickets, and the occasional calls of owls returning from their last delivery of the day.
(Adapted from Pottermore)
Comments for "Hufflepuff Evening Study"
License details for "Hufflepuff Evening Study"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Parchment by *)
- Library Ambience by blouhond from http://freesound.org +)
- Wind in the Grass by ciccarelli from http://www.freesound.org +)
- fountain pen by Desiree +)
- Campfire in the dark forest by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTXWoD9Nso +)
- Eastern Screech Owls by izzybel +)
- Fireflies Ambient Chords by Original song by Owl City, edited synth by EmmyDreamer +)
- Great Horned Owl Hooting by Public Domain from http://www.wildlifeofct.com/great%20horned%20owl.html +)
*) Soundsnap.com license