Search for atmospheres
A Place to Study, Think, or Just Hide From People
Gryffindor Study Nook
To say it has been a long day would be an understatement; it began with you accidentally setting your robes on fire in potions, and went downhill from there. You drag yourself up the stairs to the picture guarding the Gryffindor common room, and wearily whisper the password. Although she would normally roast you on your bedraggled clothes and thoroughly tangled hair, the fat lady seems to understand your mood and swings open without a word. To your horror, the room is full of rowdy students, and nearly every chair is taken. You have a tremendous amount of work to do, but can't bear the thought of walking all the way back to the library. You make your way to the furthest corner of the room, and find a small pile of cushions next to a foggy window. You've never noticed it before, but as soon as you sink against the stone wall, you feel as though you just ate a rather large piece of chocolate. The noise of your fellow students seems faint, replaced by the rainstorm pounding on the glass, and the light crackle of the fire. You prop another pillow behind your back, grab a quill and parchment, and begin to peacefully start your work. Maybe the day isn't quite as bad as you thought it was.
Comments for "Gryffindor Study Nook"
License details for "Gryffindor Study Nook"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Winter wind whistling window by audible-edge +)
- Students Talking by claudiooliveira2 from http://freesound.org +)
- Solitudo Winds loop by George Vlad of Alchemy Audio Design +)
- Rain on a Window by InspectorJ +)
- Rumblings of Thunder by Techienanna from http://freesound.org +)
- Fabric Rustling by unknown +)
- Burning Torches by www.soundsnap.com *)
- page flip by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license