Search for atmospheres
After Dinner at 12 Grimmauld Place
Grimmauld Place, 11:20pm
As Harry laid down his spoon there was a lull in the general conversation: Mr Weasley was leaning back in his chair, looking replete and relaxed; Tonks was yawning widely, her nose now back to normal; Ginny who had lured Crookshanks out from under the dresser, was sitting cross-legged on the floor, rolling Butterbeer corks for him to chase; and you were pushing a crumb of rhubarb crumble around your plate with your fork, mindlessly.
‘How’s Percy? Shouldn’t he be here, too?’ Hermione glared at you from across the table, clenching her jaw and giving you a warning look. Mr Weasley shot you a wooden look from the other end of the table, and Mrs Weasley immediately got up and began to clear plates away. The silence was absolutely unbearable, and you looked to Ron, desperately, who remained staring down at his plate. It was another painful few seconds before George finally spoke.
‘Percy’s at the Ministry. Had a bit of a falling out.’
‘Right.’ You nodded, gulping, and then put your fork down, shuffling uncomfortably in your seat. ‘Sorry.’ You added, guiltily. Mrs Weasley came to collect your plate, rubbing your shoulder comfortingly as she did so.
‘Never mind.’ She said, forcing a smile.
Comments for "Grimmauld Place, 11:20pm"
License details for "Grimmauld Place, 11:20pm"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Car drive by by "Audio Library" from Youtube +)
- chopping vegetables by blue6 +)
- Footsteps on Wooden Floor by http://www.freesound.org/people/ftpalad/sounds/119914/ +)
- Johnny Cash Sings... by Johnny Cash © 1958 Sun Records +)
- Clock Ticking by keweldog from http://freesound.org +)
- Room-tone w/talking next door by klankbeeld from http://freesound.org +)
- Creaking Door by Nick Turner, Watercolour Music +)
- Cutlery by tiptoe84 from http://freesound.org +)