Search for atmospheres
O.W.L.s for Fifth-Years mean all-nighters in the common room
It's well past midnight and you're cramming for your O.W.L.s. Everyone else has gone to bed or passed out on their textbooks. You're curled up in the Gryffindor Common Room, still grinding away at this herbology paper. After all, if you're going to be a nurse and work healing magic, you have to know what goes into your potions.
It was already cold outside, with the early November chill leaking in through the heavy leaded-glass windows. As if that wasn't bad enough, a freak winter thunderstorm has rolled in as well. Luckily you have a roaring fire, fresh pot of tea and a fat, lazy, long-haired cat named Wizard von Whiskers curled up in your lap, ceaselessly purring and pumping with his paws.
A flash of lightning outside and you can see the tower, silhouette black in the night. You draw your blanket up under your feet and Von Whiskers stretches, mews, and curls tightly back up. You pour a piping hot cup of tea, unroll a parchment and start taking notes. You just might get some sleep tonight, if you're lucky.
Comments for "Alicia's Essay"
License details for "Alicia's Essay"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Writing With A Quill by 6polnic from http://freesound.org +)
- Winter wind whistling window by audible-edge +)
- Cat Meow by cameronmusic from http://freesound.org +)
- Fireplace by dobride from http://freesound.org +)
- Thunder and some rain* by http://freesound.org +)
- Cat purring by http://ronsen.org/purrfectsounds/ +)
- creaking chair by ryancacophony from http://freesound.org +)
- Rain on a tin roof by Virtual Sound Company +)